Grade 4 Strategies
- Think about what prior knowledge I have about the topic.
- Examine titles, pictures, captions and key vocabulary.
- Predict what the material will be about.
- Know why I am reading the material.
- Focus on the material being read.
- Modify and make new predictions.
- Examine text structure.
- Apply vocabulary strategies.
- Create mental pictures of what I read.
- Summarize what I've read.
- Reread what is not clear.
- Ask myself what I have learned.
- Evaluate my predictions.
- Think about how this connects to my prior knowledge.
- Decide how I will remember and use this information.