Weekly Newsletter - February 21, 2020
BATTELL ARTS FOUNDATION YOUTH SCHOLARSHIPS
As part of the Battell Arts Foundation support for young peoples’ involvement in the arts, the organization is now soliciting applications for scholarships. Applicants must be residents of Norfolk or Colebrook, in grades 4-12, and studying an artistic endeavor -- such as dance, music, theater, or the visual arts. Two scholarships of $500 are awarded. Applications are due April 9, 2020 and must be accompanied by a recommendation. For more information, contact Tom Hodgkin at 542-1222 or Hodgkin.Tom@gmail.com
PHYSICAL EDUCATION NEWS
- Kids Heart Challenge- American Heart Challenge is next week February 27-28th depending on your child’s P.E class. Please see the electronic flyer to get easy access to the Colebrook Consolidated School page on the American Heart Association website.
SECOND GRADE MUNSON’S CHOCOLATES FUNDRAISER
The 2ND Grade class is raising money for their 6th Grade Nature’s Classroom Trip with a Munson’s Chocolates fundraiser. Order forms were sent home with students this week and are also attached to the electronic newsletter. Please return orders by February 28th and they will be delivered before Easter. Click here for the order form!
- Snowball Dance – The Annual Snowball Dance will be held on Friday, February 28th, from 6:30 –8:30 PM in the CCS multi-purpose room. Click here for more information!
- Box Tops- Please see the attached flyer on the NEW way to earn cash for CCS. No more clipping, just scan your receipt!
- Baseball/Softball Registration- Registration Forms are attached to the electronic newsletter or on the CCS website. Please note that the registration is due February 22nd. If you have any questions please contact Dave Hotchkiss, 860-309-4811 or email@example.com. Please click here to see the registration form and the baseball code of conduct.
- Wolfpack Hockey Fundraiser for Baseball/Softball- Colebrook Baseball & Softball Night with the Hartford Wolf Pack will be on Saturday, March 28th , at 7:00 PM at the XL Center in Hartford. This is a Colebrook baseball and softball fundraiser. Tickets are $15 per person, deadline to purchase tickets is on Friday, March 20th . For more information or to purchase tickets, contact Dave Hotchkiss. For more information or to purchase tickets, contact Dave Hotchkiss and see the attached flyer.
THIRD GRADE PANSY FUNDRAISER
The 3rd Grade class is sponsoring their annual Pansy Sale. All profits will go toward Natures Classroom Trip for class of 2023. Flat of Pansies for $22. Orders due March 25th & pick up at CCS on April 4th from 9-11 AM.. Click here to print the order form.
DR. SEUSS PARTY
Please see the attached flyer for the Dr. Seuss party on Saturday, February 29th between 11:00-12:30 at the Beardsley Library. There will be lots of fun!
The Torrington YMCA is running a spring AAU basketball program for boy and girl basketball players, ages 11 through 14. Please see the attached flyer for further details.
AFTER SCHOOL CARE
Children attending Colebrook School are now eligible to attend the After School program at Barkhamsted Elementary School. Through a grant awarded to EdAdvance, transportation from CCS will be provided to BES every afternoon. Please see the attached flyer for more information. A number of scholarships are available.
SHARED SERVICES INTEGRATED PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
Please see the attached flyer regarding a screening being offered to Colebrook children ages 3-5 on March 24th, 25th, and 26th. This screening is for parents who have concerns about their child’s development. Please contact the preschool program to schedule an appointment. Now is the time to enroll your child as a role model student and have them attend preschool for free.