About the Library - Colebrook Consolidated School
Hello! My name is Erin Dubecky and I am the librarian at Colebrook School. I have worked as an elementary school librarian for eleven years in Massachusetts and Connecticut, and I am very excited to be here in Colebrook now, where I live! Here are some important things to know about our library:
- Students have library class once a week, on Mondays. This year students will be checking books out every time they come to the library. Books can be kept out for one week and can be renewed as many times as needed.
- Students can check out two books at a time.
- Grades K-3 have library class every week for 40 minutes. Kindergarten and first grade have library class together, and second grade and third grade come together. Fourth, fifth and sixth grades have library class on a rotating basis for four weeks at a time. They can come to the library to check out books independently at any time, though.
- The library curriculum includes storytime, book selection, literature-based activities, and instruction on technology, research, and library skills.
- Students are responsible for the care of all materials that they check out of the library. Overdue notices will go home quarterly.
Please contact me with any questions or if you are interested in volunteering in the library!
Erin Dubecky, Librarian